Carlo Gavazzi has launched its EM511 Series Single-phase Energy Meters, which are simple, intuitive, self-contained, easy-to-install, remotely accessible energy meters suitable for load balancing in EV charging applications. They’re ideally designed for 1-phase energy metering for Level 1 and 2 EV charging applications.
The EM511 is a bidirectional 1-phase energy meter with a backlit 9-digit display. Its energy measurement is bi-directional, thus enabling the separate measurement of imported and generated energy, even in fiscal applications such as vehicle-to-grid (V2G) technology.
The EM511 Energy Meters reduce commissioning time thanks to a quick setup procedure. In addition to energy meters, electrical variables, and total harmonic distortion, the EM511 provides useful information for the maintenance team, such as run-hour meters and total operating time.
The EM511 Series has been designed to meet the requirements of energy analysis in Industrial and Building automation energy efficiency applications, for MID fiscal cost sharing, cost allocation and power metering.
Main technical features include:
- EM511: Class 1 (kWh) according to EN62053-21, class 2 (kVARh) according to EN62053-23
– Class B (kWh) according to EN50470-3
– Current inputs: direct connection up to 45 A
- Instantaneous variables readout: (max 5+3) DGT, energy readout: 9 (6+3) DGT
- Voltage inputs: 120 to 240 V with self-power supply
- Current and voltage THD (up to 15th harmonic)
- Energy measurements (imported/exported): total and partial kWh, kVARh, and kVAh
- Run hour meters (relevant to both imported/exported energy: 8+2 DGT). Total operating time
- Digital input for remote contact monitoring, tariff management, partial meter start/stop, or partial meter reset
- Digital output (O1 version), or RS485 Modbus (S1 version) or M-Bus (M1 version)
- Alarm management
- Programmable display and slide show function
- cULus approval; MID certification (PF version), Swiss MID certification (SF version)
The EM511 Series Energy Meters are available from Carlo Gavazzi’s network of sales offices and distributors across the Americas.
You may also like:
Filed Under: Technology News